The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term. Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
We are currently searching for a Senior Corporate Communications Associate. The Senior Corporate Communications Associate is a key member of the corporate communications team and will support the development, coordination, and execution of communications plans designed to keep employees informed, engaged, and motivated; to attract new talent; and to help establish The Wills Group as an Employer of Choice in the markets where we operate.
This individual will help manage the day-to-day communications efforts of The Wills Group, focused on employer branding, employee engagement, community engagement, and recruitment and retention. Partnering closely with internal clients across The Wills Group, the candidate will identify opportunities to package and merchandise company information and news in a compelling and conversational way.
This person will be responsible for putting communications plans into action by crafting creative written and visual content to a variety of audiences, and through various channels, including intranet, e-newsletters, social media, and others.
• Assist in establishing an internal communications strategy in partnership with the Director of Corporate Communications and Programs
• Ensure company policies, initiatives, projects, and events are clearly and successfully communicated to employees
• Plan, edit and write content for internal communications (e.g., stories, letters, presentations, brochures, scripts) for a variety of audiences, and mediums, including email, staff intranet, e-newsletter, and social media
• Serves as an experienced editor for all internal publications
• Help to develop and execute key change management priorities
• Assist in driving an e-communications strategy by developing processes, tools, and protocol for web-enabled/email communication
• Ensure internal messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the company
• Assist in oversight of the company’s Brand Governance process for internal audiences
• Counsel assigned departments/clients on how to improve employee communications and engagement
• Assist with handling any internal communication response to crisis situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, English, or other related field
• 3-5 years of communications-related experience
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and analytical skills, as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees or other audiences
• Ability to tailor messages to various audiences (staff, store employees, technicians, franchisees, leadership, etc.)
• Hands-on experience in managing social media platforms to engage both internal and external audiences
• Familiarity with web design/information technology, especially digital and video means of communication
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Experience working in frequently-changing, fast-paced environments
• Adaptable, Flexible, Analytical, Focus