The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term.
Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time. “Lives in Motion” is how we express our commitment to caring for our customers and each other. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to help people move forward with their lives.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
We are currently searching for a Commercial Energy Sales Consultant to manage SMO’s Commercial (non-residential) business in the Prince Georges and Anne Arundel Counties (and surrounding Counties) in Maryland. Territory will consist of existing Commercial customers and new prospects with the goal of attaining and retaining customers profitably while delivering the desired EVA results set forth by the corporation. This business includes sales of fuel oil, kerosene, gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, heating & cooling equipment, and all accessories and applicable services to commercial, industrial, agricultural, government, marine, small gas stations, schools, non-profit organization accounts etc. in compliance with corporate philosophy.
The nature of the job is such that work hours must be flexible as determined by prospect availability and territory management decisions with the approval of the Commercial Sales Manager or executive in charge. The normal work schedule, therefore, may require evening and weekend hours. The territory for this role consists of Prince George, Howard, Montgomery, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore counties.
1. Marketing: Support the sales, marketing and retention efforts of the company through a value-added sales/marketing approach. Success measures:
2. Develop and maintain a strong technical knowledge of the products and services of the company as well as competitive products and services with emphasis on:
3. Through account profiling, analyze unique accounts needs: fueling needs, products, service, financial, equipment, environmental and work with operations, equipment sales/service, and administration and company management to develop custom, value added solutions for customers and deliver positive EVA results to SMO in assigned territory.
4. Develop and execute a strong sales activity management process to ensure regular contact with current Commercial customers and to find new prospects. Maintain current knowledge of competitor activity in Commercial markets.
5. Develop strong relationships with organizations and trade associations, representing the varied customer base including but not limited to Chambers of Commerce, Farmers Co-ops and other associations.
6. Manage expenses within department budget to maximize sales growth.
7. Assist in the execution of any trade shows, promotions and advertising as directed by the Commercial Sales Manager.
8. Fulfill assigned responsibilities when the Company Contingency Plan is in effect.
9. Complete sales activity reports, stewardship, solicitation tracking, and other administrative reports as required by the Commercial Sales Manager.
10. Proactively Monitor and manage Accounts Receivables to include collection of past due balances as needed.