The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term. Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
The Human Resource Administrator is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations. Performs a wide range of duties to assist the Talent and HR Operations Department. Position requires the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality in handling of personnel related documents and information. The incumbent must possess an ability to work cohesively with other members of support staff, flexibility to stop/continue work assignment while coping with various interruptions daily in a fast-paced work environment and adaptability to perform effectively under pressure created by deadlines. The incumbent must be motivated by an attitude of willingness to serve and support all employees, must possess a pleasant personality and demonstrate initiative.
• Five years of strong administrative support preferably within an HR Department.
• Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s preferred
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Office 365
• Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can operate independently as well as under direct supervision and take accountability for the function.
• Must have the ability to prioritize focus on the most impactful activities to meet deadlines while not losing sight of other tasks.
• Exceptional ability to deal with sensitive, confidential and detailed material in a professional manner.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Expert attention to detail.
• Exceptional work ethic and team player.
• Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.