The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term. Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
We are currently searching for a Real Estate Administrator to provide excellent customer service to all internal customers (team members and support and operations staff of The Wills Group) and external customers (Retailers, Franchisees and their customers, consultants, vendors, contractors, etc.) by following inquiries and opportunities through to resolution and by maintaining a positive and helpful demeanor. To efficiently and effectively perform all administration related assignments involved with maintenance and repairs; communication and tracking; safety and compliance; vendor contracts and services; bonds, licenses and permits; office and kitchen supply orders; reporting of sensitive and non-sensitive correspondence; communication and updates through letter and report creation/generation; filing and record keeping both hard copy and electronically; reporting and data entry; new business; customer inquiries and complaints; attending applicable onsite and offsite meetings; and meeting planning and execution.
• Participation in RTM quarterly meetings and other off site meetings and in onsite operational meetings by scheduling and maintaining schedules for the TWGI meeting rooms, preparing meeting rooms, moving furniture and equipment if necessary to accommodate presenter/attendee needs; setting up and coordinating use of audio visual and teleconferencing; preparing and distributing handouts including packets, gift bags and manuals; decorating including posting signs, inflating and hanging balloons and placing centerpieces; note taking and reporting; and coordinating with hotel personnel on meeting space needs and accommodations.
• While sitting at desk using a computer, prepare and communicate correspondence, reports, legal documents, statements, invoices and other miscellaneous records ensuring final product is accurate, timely and professional in appearance.
• While standing, leaning and kneeling, file pertinent information into and retrieve information from all permanent location, plan files and other files available.
• Maintain UST compliance among the retail locations through monitoring reporting and communicating non-compliance, following up for compliance and communicating results for re-evaluation.
• Update and maintain location tank files and UST compliance results
• Prepare, communicate and track VeederRoot reporting data for accounting, compliance and follow up of results.
• Update and maintain location compliance documents and equipment assets through API eMaintenance
• Update environmental tracking reports
• Update and track project bonds
• Maintain AIA contract standards
• Prepare, communicate and track documentation associated with ground leases such as renewals, expirations and purchase options, ensuring accuracy of files and folders for follow up.
• Prepare and coordinate collection, distribution and processing of documents associated with construction projects including correspondence; site plans; applications and contracts for permits and bonds; and associated fees
• Handle sensitive inquiries from customers, the media, and the general public either face to face by telephone or by written correspondence, professionally, ensuring inquiries are directed to the appropriate sources for information and handling.
• Participate in the upkeep and daily maintenance of the office, office equipment and kitchen areas including light cleaning, tracking and communication of maintenance/technology opportunities and ordering and stocking supplies and products.
• Understand, research and code accurately and timely all invoices assigned.
• Maintain the continuous and efficient flow of communication through prompt retrieval, handling and tracking of mail and deliveries, correspondence from walk in vendors and customers and outgoing correspondence.
• Support the RE&D department with document preparation such as white books and market studies, with database updates and solicitation materials and with SIR and Environmental reporting for communication and review.
• Participate in special assignments as needed for the RE&D team and Marketing Support Services Manager.
• Use discretion, mature judgment in day to day operations.
• Position also requires some travel not to exceed 3 weeks per year for day and overnight meetings and corporate sponsored events.
• Position requires some standing, leaning, bending, kneeling and stretching to perform routine daily filing. Lifting requirements are restricted to no more than 30 pounds, which may be to re-arrange office machines in work area, lift photocopy paper to fill the machine, lift kitchen supplies or carry documents and supplies.