The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term. Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Software Developer to join our team! The Senior Software Developer works within the Information Technology Department and reports to the Software Development Supervisor. The IT Department is a service department, responsible for the technology needs for The Wills Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and departments. The IT Department provides computer hardware, software, network and communications support, as well as system development to optimize business processes or to enhance our product offerings.
The Senior Software Developer plays an integral role by maintaining and enhancing the ERP system for The Wills Group, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment and will enjoy working directly with system users from across the organization to develop creative, efficient solutions to business challenges.
As a member of the IT team, this position will be required to cross train with other team members to attain a working knowledge of other positions within the department. As a service department there will be times when the incumbent will be required to support requests from users other than development. There will also be times when the incumbent is required to support applications outside of the Microsoft Dynamics AX sphere.
· Maintains and extends existing code customizations to the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 environment and supporting applications
· Performs code promotion and deployment across all development, non-production, and production AX environments
· Performs system maintenance including patching, upgrades, and new environment installs
· Works with system users across the organization to create functional and technical requirements for application enhancements
· Manages vendor relationships to support third-party add-ons to AX, including TAP, Sandler-Kahne e-Banking, and Atlas
· Serves as an escalation point for help desk requests for AX and supporting applications
· Migrates existing ASP.NET web application code into X++
· Provide support to existing .NET applications developed in-house as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5 years of object-oriented programming
· Team centric attitude
· Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
· Commitment to values-driven and culturally diverse work environment
· 5 years of object-oriented programming with emphasis in X++, C#, ASP.Net
· 1 - 2 years of Microsoft Dynamics AX system administration including installation, patching, and upgrades
· 1 –2 years of working directly with end users to gather information and formulate requirements
· Experience with Bottomline TAP, Atlas, and Sandler-Kahne e-Banking software a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and report writing a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 software development including the X++ language, DIXF, and SSRS
· Strong understanding of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable modules in MS Dynamics AX 2012; understanding of Fixed Assets, Projects, and Retail modules a plus
· Proficient in ASP.NET web application development
· Strong documentation skills to be used in creating functional and technical requirements documents