The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term. Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
As a member of Learning and Development team an experienced Senior Instructional Learning Designer is an integral part in driving employee development, training and the assuring the ability for employees to enhance the customer experience and quality of learning and development at the Wills Group. This role is responsible for the needs assessment, design and evaluation of all company-wide programs that engage the learner through multiple learning modalities.
We are looking for a Senior Instructional Learning Designer to oversee training design. This role can be considered home (remote) based in Southern Maryland, Virginia or WDC and will on occasion will need to travel to our corporate headquarters in La Plata MD. as needed to meet with SME and team meetings.
1. Creatively develop eLearning programs, instructor-led training courses, and blended learning solutions using custom graphics, illustrations and animation using Articulate Storyline/360 and other software programs, that ensures knowledge transfer and retention
2. Successfully manage the development of multiple e-learning projects, and ensure the design of highly engaging, high-quality, interactive learning presentations, e.g. PowerPoint presentations, job aids, training curricula and other required coursework
3. Convert existing instructional material to online courses and utilize multimedia technology
4. Serve as the main point of contact to eLearning & mLearning vendor’s account representative and proactively identify and report issues or concerns
5. Compile statistical information and report data for training audits and provide status updates
6. Support Field Learning and Development though responsive design deliverables
7. Partner with Regional Trainers to determine training needs- conduct needs assessments
8. Validate training program is being executed and delivering desired results
9. Analyze learning and training data to measure overall effectiveness of learning
10. Recommends ways to streamline processes to ensure efficiency that enhance learners experience
11. Return on investment analysis to monitor the effectiveness of training techniques. This individual will act as a key agent in motivating and educating our team to support our key priorities.
12. Responsible for coordinating and facilitating the development and delivery of new store opening training and education, including onboarding and other related initiatives through multiple learning modalities
13. Assesses, measures and calibrates training programs to achieve effectiveness in terms of employee accomplishments and performance objectives
14. Develops and shares best practices with additional Regional Trainers in the Field. Participates in team regional meeting to provide internal training modules for presentation, when called upon.
Experience with WebEx, Skype, Adobe platforms. Understanding of Cornerstone LMS a plus
Must be able to travel to La Plata MD for meetings
Keep abreast of new trends in learning and apply when appropriate