The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term. Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
Dash In Food Stores is a convenience store chain that prides itself on being a hub for convenient living, offering fresh and prepared food, beverages and fuel, 24 hours a day.
We are currently searching for an Alcohol Beverage Manager will be a key associate hired specifically to manage the bar. Bar management and product knowledge will be their primary duties. The Alcohol Beverage Manager will be the line of communication between Dash In and craft beer savvy customers.
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of beers, wines and related products to include the most popular vintage years or brew types for particular brands. Communicates this knowledge to customers and associates.
• Oversees all aspects of the bar experience to include: exceptional guest service, quality beverage
presentation, pouring, bar/service bar cleanliness, and an engaging audio/visual experience.
• Pour and give samples of beer and wine. Occasionally attend wine tastings or educational functions offsite. Occasionally taste/sample beer and wine, to be able to consult with our customers.
• Executes TapHunter updates.
• Performs daily, weekly and monthly inventories as determined by management. Specifically stocking and maintaining bar inventory. Conducts inventories of beer, wine, cigarettes and specific non-alcoholic beverages.
• Ensures the cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
• Conducts inventories of beer, wine, cigarettes and specific non-alcoholic beverages. Stocks all packaged beer Mix6ix and wine.
• Logs all incidents of spillage and complimentary.
• Oversees quality, consistency, and presentation of beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
• Ensures all preventative maintenance and maintenance of beer systems, beer walk-in and bar equipment.
• Ensures security of beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and bar supplies.
• Conducts routine follow through on a daily bar-related maintenance issues.
• Must have a thorough understanding of local, state and federal regulations for the sale and distribution of alcohol and cigarettes
• Operate cash register and provide customer service in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Opens and closes station in accordance with Dash In rules and regulations.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Associate’s degree in Food Service or Business Management preferred.
• Minimum one to three (1-3) years food service supervisory/management in a high volume bar/restaurant/casino with high quality food, extensive beer and spirits offering, with a high energy atmosphere preferred.
• Must complete the RSVP and MART Alcohol Beverage Courses
• Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) desirable.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative environment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, intermittently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 60 pounds, and reaches from 6-72 inches.
• Be knowledgeable of and perform fixed activities when business is light. (i.e. sweeping, cleaning, blocking, straightening, etc.)
• Understand the overall Beer/Wine Department operation. Complete paperwork accurately and maintain proper records
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other associates
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The ideal candidate will also be:
• MART Online Alcohol Beverage Course Certified
• RSVP Online Responsible Sellers and Servers Program Certified