The Wills Group is an established, privately-held company serving customers across Maryland, D.C., Delaware, and Virginia with the vision, drive, and capacity to serve many more in the near term. Headquartered in La Plata, MD, The Wills Group is the parent company of several retail, convenience, and home comfort business units, including Dash In Food Stores, Splash In Car Washes, SMO Motor Fuels, and SMO Energy. Each one is committed to providing its customers with quality services and a superior experience – every time.
Serving as a center of excellence, The Wills Group has a solid infrastructure built of talented teams to guide and support the successful operation of its business units, including human resources, finance, IT, marketing, and communications.
The Wills Group was founded in 1926, and we are in the process of building the next chapter of our history. From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving who we are and how we operate to pave the way for future success; redefining ourselves for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
Grounded in rich history since 1926 and strong company values, The Wills Group places its employees at the forefront of all they do, and is equally committed to giving back to the communities where it operates.
You will be an integral part of our family of companies and will play a significant role in taking The Wills Group and its brands to the next level.
Dash In Food Stores is a convenience store chain that prides itself on being a hub for convenient living, offering fresh and prepared food, beverages and fuel, 24 hours a day.
We are currently searching for a Store Manager who will drive profitable store sales growth and lifting life's journey by delivering an exceptional guest experience, driving store merchandise in-stocks, supervising and engaging the store team and delivering operational excellence.
1. Creates and consistently models a guest centric culture within the store emphasizing the CARES model.
2. Partners with the Assistant Store Manager, Supervisor, Sales Associates, and Vendors to ensure the appropriate level of instocks at all times.
3. Maintains a safe, clean, and inviting environment throughout the site at all times.
4. Ensures customers’ needs are met quickly, efficiently, and accurately in all areas of the facility.
1. Creates an environment of diversity and inclusion within the team.
2. Energetically recruits and selects the best candidates for staffing the store.
3. Drives a robust training program in accordance with company training standards.
4. Directly coaches and develops the team providing meaningful insights, candid feedback and clear direction.
Sales & Inventory
1. Grows top line Sales through proper order execution of brand standards.
2. Ensures all deliveries are properly received and processed both timely & accurately.
3. Drives profitability through strict financial controls including margin attainment, inventory losses, and labor and expense controls.
4. Supervises and partners with audit teams to ensure accurate merchandise counts are recorded.
1. Ensures the site meets Dash In Brand Standards and is prepared at all times for both Mystery Shop (ACL) and Brand MMP (Shell/Exxon).
2. Ensures the business day is properly reconciled, processed, and closed daily to include lottery, money order, pre-pay phone, and car wash where applicable.
3. Ensures the store is adequately staffed at all times by executing the Employee Schedule Process at least two weeks in advance.
1. Vigorously maintains Food Safety and Sanitation standards.
2. Protects food margins through consistent PAR execution.
3. Ensures all Sales Associates (Food) have been Serve Safe certified.
4. Drives food sales by becoming an expert in food operations.
Demonstrates Accountability: Honestly assesses self; acts with integrity; open to feedback; committed to continuous learning & growth; does what it takes to get the job done; makes necessary sacrifices; takes responsibility for actions & outcomes
Service Oriented: Emphatically serves the needs of customers & associates; listens well; seeks to understand diverse points of view to help find the best solution or outcome; provides helpful assistance to others; pursues a high standard of performance
Builds Relationships: Develops positive and inclusive relationships; establilshes strong networks across the company; is understanding, approachable, & considerate; shows respect for different styles, backgrounds, & perspectives; gives credit to others; is a team player; communicates effectively & tailors messages to the audience
Develops Talent: Builds diverse & high performing team; differentiates performance based on individual associate successes & developmental opportunities; coaches and provides insights; feedback & stretch assignments to grow and improve talent; empowers team by delegating decision making where possible to build skill & increase engagement; recognizes & rewards associates for outstanding effort; shows they care about their associates by discussing future opportunities and development plans
Thinks Critically: Develops sound conclusions based on analysis of data and deep understanding of the business/customer; understands complex issues and makes sound decisions based on wisdom & experience; anticipates implications of decisions; finds solutions with minimal guidance
Manages Execution: Organizes, plans & manages projects/processes with simplicity & efficiency; partners with key stakeholders to align interests & remove roadblocks; consistently achieves successful outcomes with important deadlines
Drives Performance: Establishes challenging standards; inspires & holds self & others accountable to achieve results; provides feedback; gives visibility & recognition to others mastering tasks & successful contributions
Intense: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what's right; take action with energy and urgency
Drives Change: Moves fast to make things happen with a positive attitude; shows energy to implement within aggressive yet realistic deadlines; adapts quickly to changing situations; uses sound judgement; coaches others through change
Take Initiative: Shows curiosity; strives toward continuous improvement & learning; takes action without being prompted; is motivated & resourceful in achieving results quickly
Shows Courage: Self confident; assertive with opinions; takes on challenging assignments; will stand up & do what's right even if its unpopular; acts in accordance with beliefs despite criticism; deals with conflict quickly & positively
Practices Candor: Tells it like it is; is frank and sincere in communications; is an approachable & unguarded leader; shares honest & constructive feedback with team; freely admits own mistakes.