The Wills Group is seeking talented rising undergraduate seniors or recently graduated undergraduates, with an innovatively-inclined and customer-centric mindset, to join our Rising Talent Internship Program for Summer 2020.
We are a $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland (just 45 mins from DC, with reverse commute) with nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since 1926, our passion areas are in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate.
From a renewed customer focus to new brand positioning, and from product diversification to expansion into new markets, The Wills Group is evolving and expanding its retail portfolio of convenience stores, car washes, and gas stations for its customers today and tomorrow. Join us!
About Our Internship:
- 10-week Program Run Date: June 1 – August 7, 2020
- Location: 102 Centennial Street, La Plata, MD 20646
- Time Commitment: Full-time at 40 hours/week
- Compensation: $15.00 per hour; lunch provided daily
The Intern Experience:
- Make an impact on a $1.5 billion dynamic, progressive, growing company for the summer
- Gain real-world business experience in a dual-learning environment of both corporate office and field setting
- Boost your resume with tangible experience; sample projects could include: marketing, operations, finance, and pricing projects for our Dash In brand and locations and fuels business
- Showcase your learnings by presenting final project plans to Senior Management
- Build your professional network
- Ability to explore Wills Group as a future employer
- Have fun in a family-friendly work environment
What You Need to Apply:
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- Access to a computer
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Be prepared to write a brief 500-word essay
IN LIEU OF A RESUME, PLEASE UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPT & 500 WORD ESSAY AS A SINGLE FILE PDF
Wills Group Essay Question: Tell us about a time you received exceptional customer service or describe your ideal retail customer service experience? Provide details that convey the importance of customer service on the customer or your experience as a customer.
Interested in Talking to a Recruiter?
FAQ’s About Internship:
- What selection criteria does The Wills Group consider when reviewing applicants?
- The Wills Group is an equal opportunity employer looking for recent graduates or soon-to-be graduates who are eager to gain real business skills. No experience necessary!
- What kinds of projects will I potentially be a part of if selected?
- You’ll gain tangible experience; sample projects could include: marketing, operations, finance, and pricing projects for our Dash In brand and locations and fuels business
- When can I apply?
- You can apply any time before April 15th, 2020
- What does the application consist of?
- Basic personal information, an unofficial copy of your transcript, and a 500 word or less essay response
- How long will it take to hear back once I complete an application?
- 7-10 business days, or you can always reach out email@example.com
- When does The Wills Group offer the internship program?
- The program is offered once per year and will begin on June 1st, 2020 and end on August 7th, 2020
- Can I use this internship program for College Credit?
- At this time we do not offer credit for participating in the program
- Is the internship paid?
- Absolutely! $15 per hour
- How do I review my application status?
- Go back to our job postings site https://careers-willsgroup.icims.com/jobs/introand click returning candidate, login. Login and you will be able to see the current status of your application. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org